Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shall I attend on the event of....

I drove past Sion Hill this morning and I saw a temporary stage with significant sound equipment being set up and I realised that it had to be part of the campaign on the Constitutional Bill.

I longed to make plans to return this evening...but it is now 10:31 p.m. according to the clock on my laptop and I have not budged from the couch. Frankly, I do not know exactly why.

There is a barrage of thoughts running through my head...if I go would I be enlightened, entertained or completely turned off by what I fear would be a mere exercise in the political gym of our nation.

I cared not for the sweaty limbs of persons garbed in their colour of choice...nor for the voice of an overworked instructor, reciting the same lines over and over again...without ever saying why the jumping jacks, stretches and squats have purpose. Burn calories, tone muscles or just looking buffed and ripped for anyone who is available to pay even the slightest bit of attention.

I wonder how I will treat next year's general election campaign...dare I start the neutral dress code in order to 'safely' attend the marches, conventions and other mass gatherings...red, yellow and green were at least never my favourites....grey, black and white maybe the best choice...but then again I may sit on the couch or maybe the porch wall with the manifesto in hand and allow that to determine the way the ink blots the ballot.

BTW...I wonder how to get a ULP shirt with Dr. Gonsalves face on it for a friend of a friend in another island?

1 comment:

  1. stay Off the lab top and go out more
    but the choices are limited in SVG (No CINEREMA)

    ReplyDelete

I dare you to test my conviction in my words by leaving your own